We all need courage to face challenges in life—the big ones and the little ones. But where to find this wellspring of courage? the ancient advice of the Indian sage Patanjali, who said, “When you are inspired by some great purpose, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.”
In this 60minutes yoga practice, we will have 5 restorative yoga poses, and we will stay at each pose for 3 minutes, it’s enough for you to relax, repair and rejuvenate your body and mind. While holding at the pose, first you let your body settle into a steady and comfortable position, then you let your body relax and do not move anymore. Then you start to focus on the breath, breathe in and out through your nose slowly and deeply, you can either use natural breathing or ujjayi breathing (Ocean Breath). Slow and deep breath will make your body and mind more relax and calm. R2 will mention an affirmation, mentally repeat the affirmation. Repeating these affirmations over and over impresses the subconscious mind to such a degree that it slowly starts transforming the body to align with the positive thoughts. The session will conclude with a mantra for protection.
Here are the affirmations for finding courage:
- With every breath I take, I am bringing more and more courage into my life.
- I allow the courage of my heart to dissolve any fears I experience.
- I have abundant inner strength and courage.
- I live my life with confidence and courage.
- I have the courage to face whatever happens to me.
- I have the courage to make positive changes in my life.
- I have the courage to move forward toward my dreams.
- I honor the courage within me.